Monday, September 5, 2011

Altes Museum (thursday)

Hey everyone sorry for the really bad break there!  There was a problem with the internet and was a pain to fix auf deutsch but I should be internet-connected for at least the next month.

Last week was my first week of school and I have already learned a ton!  
I have German language learning class from 9am-12 Monday-Thursday which is a lot of Deutsch but I love my teacher.  There are only 11 other students in the class so it is easy to ask questions and she keeps the class interesting.

On Tuesday from 430-7pm I have my "Art and Dictatorship" class with Herr Schmitt who seems nice and a bit strict.  We have a field trip to the Jewish Memorial tomorrow which should be very interesting.

Wednesday same time, same teacher, I have my "Architecture in Berlin from the 19th Century to Today."  I also really like this class and we have a field trip on Wednesday also.

After Thursday's class three other girls and myself visited the Altes Museum (free with our museum card which the program gave to us!)  I liked the building but it houses ancient artifacts, and once you've seen one really old stone thing you get the gist.  Inside wasn't actually that big and we were able to go through the whole museum in about an hour.

On our way there..
Reichstag Building-- governmental building with rebuilt dome.



Brandenburg Tor.. I spy Darth Vador and a Berlin Bear... also there was Mickey Mouse, soldiers from all different time periods, and a crazy guy making huge bubbles.



View of the Berlin Cathedral from inside the second floor of the Altes Museum.. best part of the building.


After the museum we split a pretzel from a bakery stand.  Best pretzel ever!  I think the german food is good- only complaint is the ton of butter they always put on any sandwich. 


No comments:

Post a Comment